Thursday, January 9, 2014

3 month LUNGiversary / my own custom bait

This week marks 3 months since my transplant. It's crazy to look back to a year ago at how sick I was, how depressed I was. It's even crazier to think I had a major surgery only three months ago and I am already getting back to fishing. This week was intense between doctor appointments and tests, then all the different pieces I had taking place for my business finally all came together. 

On the health front, all my tests came back great. No infection, no rejection, and was able to stop 3 more meds. I was anxious all week for today's Bronchoscopy to be completed and thankfully everything looks great. Physical therapy continues to make me stronger and my drop foot is improving each week. So I am doing great!

Business wise things have been great this week. My boat wrap was completed and honestly looks amazing thanks again to Fresh Ink Signs and Graphics in Orlando. All my reels where re-lined since most of them haven't been used in 18 months. My gear is all organized and the only thing that remains is cleaning the boat. Saturday will be the first launch with my boat in 18 months and excited to be doing it with some great friends. Then next week the charters begin, starting with some loyal clients I have had since my first year as a guide. I will be easing into these charters only doing a few a week as I continue to build strength and endurance again. 

The best part of the week and totally unexpected was the creation of my own custom soft plastic worm by the owner of Cache Custom Lures' owner Kent Thomson. Kent has a daughter battling cystic fibrosis and has done so much to support me with amazing hand poured soft plastics that put my clients on fish each charter. Today he revieled the "KP Craw". It's pretty bad ass that I have a custom bait named after me that others can buy. A bait I haven't fished yet but guarantee you it will catch trophy bass especially here in Florida. 

Like I said this has been great week for what has been a long and emotional ride. Stay tuned for some more photos and video from this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment