Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sidelined again

Well I would like to give you all a great fishing report but unfortunately some continous health issues knocked me off the water all week. I get a bad flare up of diverticulitis about every 5-6 months and this week was its time. Trying to stay out of the hospital was tough, but I did it. Oral antibiotics and pain meds helped but it's a slow process, especially when you still have to eat 5-6,000 calories each day. All that food going through a inflamed intestinal track hurts like hell. if I don't eat these calories I lose weight fast. It took 4 weeks to gain 15 lbs but I literally could lose that in a week with not eating at all or only eating half those calories. Which would have been the case with a hospital admission. That weight lose can cause even more health issues. Plus trying to take care of a 2 yr old being only at 20% wipes me out. But I pushed through it. I hopefully have this out of the way for the summer since i missed out on most of the summer last year because of the diverticulitis and a major blood infection that wasnt diagnosed until late september 2011 snd that kept me off until december. I post this not for sympathy but to educate people about cystic fibrosis and how awful of a disease it is. People and clients that know me, know I hate people feeling sorry for me. I appriate support and encouragement, that's what keeps me going. Now, Tomorrow I am thrilled because I am taking my 2 1/2 year old son fishing in some of the ponds in my development. I have been so excited all day for it. Words can not explain how long I have waiting for this moment. I know he will love it, I just hope these little ponds produce tomorrow. The bad part is once I do this, he will want to go everyday. He hasn't been on my boat yet but he wants to play in it like everyday. He has been running around with his sponge bob fishing pole for the last few months pretending to be fishing. I finally think he is old enough to be patient for at least a hour so I am getting live bait and praying for a few fish. If he's like his mother, he will catch a 6 lbs fish on his second cast and then be done. My wife always catches giants every time she fishes with me. As for charters, I will start again Wednesday and have a few more this week lined up. Fishing will be good. The weather has been hot, in the upper 80's all week so I know these fish are biting. Also looking into upgrading my electronics and maybe adding a power pole. Not a huge fan of them but when I really think about it, a power pole really could benefit my clients with catching more fish. The issues comes with the costs so that will take time since I only pay for things with cash. To those that may have tried calling I am sorry I couldn't answer, again if you knew what I go through each day, you would be shocked that I am even able to do this at all. Thanks again for all the support and to all my clients that keep coming back. I love fishing and really wish I was healthy enough to do this 365 days a year.

1 comment:

  1. I found some great information in your blog. This blog is very useful and helpful to me. Thank you for sharing this information with us informative .. I love your blog…….
    www.myweightlossclinics.com FOR Weight loss

    ReplyDelete