Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Big improvements and was granted a true honor

I am orrigiankly from Buffalo, NY. I grew up there and worked most of my EMS career in a small town of lancaster and villages of depew. Today, I was honored by my former volunteer ambulance corp with the status of Life Member. This was for 10 years of service from 1995 when I was 15 years old to 2005. I gave my heart and soul to providing the best possible care to those in the villages of Lancaster and Depew, and town of Lancaster as a EMT working my way to Paramedic by age 20. I volunteered thousands of hours during these 10 years, and responded to hundreds of calls. There have been so many people over the years that i have admired and tried to learn everything I could form. They all molded me into the person I am today. Especially the following members by squad number 19, 22, 28, 58, 78, 85, 150, 207, 221 , 287. Those years were some of the greatest years of my life. I am proud to have saved many people but will never forget all of those that couldn't be saved. LVAC was not only where my career in EMS was grown, it was the place that I met my wife Michele Glinski Przybyl for the first time 10 years ago. Over the past 10 years she has been my best friend and my rock, and I could not imagine my life without here. Thank you board members of the LVAC for for granting my the honor I wanted to work towards from day one. It has truly been an honor to serve!

As for fishing....Friday will be my first day on the water since late November. My health has improved that I should be able to do a charter here and there. I am excited the water is very warm which means the spawn will be in full swing....big fish either shallow or really deep in 30 ft drops. They will be biting crazy Friday. The weather is so well set up for a successful afternoon.

Two weeks ago I could not walk to my couch to my bed....and today I had pulmonary rehab and tomorrow fishing. Hope I can keep the health up and weight...gained 6 critical pounds this week...15 more to go by mid February then hopefully I will be listed for my lung transplant.





No comments:

Post a Comment