Friday, February 10, 2012

02/10/2012 - Bringing back the blogging

It's been a long time since I have used this blog, but it is now part of my business website. I plan on talking about fioshing, battling Cystic Fibrosis, and any other thought that comes to mind. This year marks my 7th year of being a fishing guide. It's also has been the first year that I am truly excited to be able to take people out. It has taken me 3 years on my lake to really learn what does and doesn't work. Also adding artificial bait attactors over the last few months has proven to be a great idea by me, and is really making my clients happy from the big fish that have been caught off these attractors. The spawn is coming shortly, my water temperature is still below optimal spawning temp but hopefully in the next few weeks and some warmer weather the spawn will be on. I get a lot of questions during my charters but my favorite is why are my rates low. Many Captains will say you get what you pay for, well in a sense you do. You get to be in their $60,000 boat and $40,000 truck. I have taken harrassment from several Orlando/kissimmee Captains threatening me to raise my rates. It will never happen. I am proud to say I drive a 10 year old vehicle, a fully paid 16ft nitro bass boat that I have no intensions of ever getting rid of. Since I have very little overhead, I get to charge less, still make a profit, and gain more business. Plus last I checked the economy still sucks and people can't afford $250+ for 4 hours of fishing. I have been operating my own guide service since I left being a guide at Disney 5 years ago, so I must be doing well if I am still here. The pictures I post are clear evidence of what my clients catch and when they fished with me. Now some of the dates may be spread out, I assure you it has nothing to do with the bite. Having Cystic Fibrosis and having it constantly get worse, I sometimes have to take weeks at a time off from fishing. I also have a 2 year old son, and I never fish on days he has preschool. So with saying that, I am not on the water each day, but no matter the conditions, time of year, or amount of time off the water, I put my clients on fish. I have been back on the water a lot the last two months and below are just a few of the fish my clients caught. These clients caught these fish and I was out sick for nearly 4 months prior to their charters. I love fishing but I love watching my clients catch fish even more !!

No comments:

Post a Comment